Friday, October 3, 2008

What are we going to make today?!?

Alright, my little helper has just become my always wanting to help BIG helper! Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but sometimes a mom needs a rest. Okay, maybe I'll get my rest when I'm old and in a nursing home (maybe).

Cameron did a great job dumping the ingredients in the bowl and using the mixer (with my help, of course). Here we are making cookies (C cookies for school):
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES OR BARS
1 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 or 2 c. chocolate chips
Nuts (opt.)
Cream together first 7 ingredients. Add remaining ingredients. Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet or spread in cake pan for bars. Bake at 350 to 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.

*We used mini chocolate chips and only had unsalted butter and they turned out great!!


DELISH!!

Cameron wants to make sometimes everyday, sometimes more than once a day. This has worked out okay the last couple of days because we've had to make cupcakes for Open House, C cookies for preschool, oyster crackers for Kaitlyn (Cameron said she would like them so we had to make them for her). In addition to baking, we've made craft projects for preschool. We are talking about insects and found a lot of cool things for school.
We made a Hungry Caterpillar also but I'll post that next time. I'm also going to post our oyster crackers that we make. The kids love them!!

No comments: