Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Party



Today Cameron and I made cookies and taco salad to bring to my parents. It was SO much fun. I'm mad that I didn't get any pictures of him in the garden or cutting up the tomato and red pepper. He helped put the cookies on the tray, rip the lettuce up and cut up the tomato and red pepper for our taco salad. It's so fun and important to include him in day to day activities. I know it can be easier to do it myself but it's so much more fun to do it with him.


We went to my parents today for a Labor Day party!! We had a good time and got to see family. I felt bad for Anthony because he couldn't go swimming and he LOVES to swim at my parent's house. Here's Cam and Papa having fun in the pool:







We brought Cameron's little pool with also. My parents only have a small pool that would never fit 4 kids ages 5,3,2,1 in it so I thought I should bring his blowup pool and I'm really happy that I did. Sometimes my parents forget about the bigger kids. They realize things when Bella (my niece) is old enough to need or want it but not in time for Cameron's age to enjoy it. A 3 foot pool is not okay to fit a 1 and 2 year old plus my cousin's 3 and 5 year old but once Bella is too little for it they'll realize it }: I love my parents but sometimes they just don't think beyond my sister, brother-in-law and niece. I feel bad because I now know how my sister-in-law must have felt with my niece and nephew and our kids. Our kids were always given more attention, things and time and now it's totally the same way with my sister and niece and our family. It's sad because I feel my parents miss out on a lot of things especially with Cameron because they never ask to spend time with him or have him come over. They are always busy with my sister and niece and don't think about us. It's not the same but it helps when we've got some great people at church and school who just ENJOY Cameron and the kids and us!! It's not the same as family but it's what we've got!! Alright enough of my rant!! I'm not dwelling(at least for now) and I've got one more pic to show. He was so happy when he got his animal set!!

No comments: