Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Whining plus recipe?



ARRGH!!! It's been really hard to make sure that I get everything done that I need to. The pressure can be really hard until I finally snap. I'm trying really hard to control but there are so many things that I have to get done. I've taken on our preschool Sunday School program. We're starting a brand new series and everything is being redone. The room, the supplies (all wood cutouts) and felt hangings. I also have preschool to get ready for too! This wouldn't be so bad but Cameron wants to play WITH me all the time. YES, I LOVE to play with him and would love to have no other responsibilities but that just isn't our life. I also need to stimulate myself more than just knobbed cylinders and puzzles. Sorry for the rant but sometimes it helps me think and realize that I am truly blessed and have a great life and should take my lemons that I encounter and make lemonade out of them!
Here's my picture of my granola that I made! It was YUMMY!!!! The recipe was SO simple. I didn't realize making granola was so easy.
Almond Coconut Granola
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2/3 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup coconut
1/3 cup hulled green pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
6 tablespoons honey
1 cup mixed dried fruits such as raisins, cherries, and apricots
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a large bowl stir together oats, almonds, coconut, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, and salt. In a small saucepan melt butter with honey over low heat, stirring. Pour butter mixture over oat mixture and stir until combined well.
In a large jelly-roll pan spread granola evenly and bake in middle of oven, stirring halfway through baking, until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool granola in pan on a rack and stir in dried fruits. Granola may be kept in an airtight container at cool room temperature 2 weeks.

No comments: