Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

WOW! I have been having a blast! I can't get enough of making crafts and things. I thoroughly enjoy teaching preschool and having a preschooler!! We have been busy creating and Cameron is really enjoying it.

Here we made white playdough with fine glitter and mint in it. It is our playdough for January; it's suppose to look like snow. We've been playing with it every day. Yesterday, we used buttons, beads and toothpicks to make a snowman. I wish I would have taken a picture of one of Cameron's snowmen.

I'd like to start making one of these handprints every 6 months. I wish I would have thought of this when he was born. Obviously he wouldn't have been able to paint it when he was really little but I love it. I let Cameron paint the canvas with lighter colors and then when it was dry I painted his hand with a darker color. I think I am going hang them in the playroom in the basement. We had to paint on paper after we were done. Cameron LOVES painting!

It was my cousin's 4th birthday party on Saturday. I had so much fun making her some birthday gifts. She always wears handband so we made her some reverable handbands. I had to use Cam's head to measure; I should have taken a picture of him wearing them. That would have been another great picture to show his wife. We made 4 but I hadn't finished it when I took this picture.We also made her a "pocketbook", a purse; my grandma always called it a pocketbook and so does my cousin, Amy. It makes me smile everytime I hear it. I had so much fun making her this. We filled it with tissues and lipgloss.


I told you we've been busy!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a sweet gift!