Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Flannelboard

Here's the flannelboard that I made. I got a corkboard from Office Max and bought some flannel from Joann Fabrics. I used a staple gun to attach the flannel to the corkboard. This is a really inexpensive way to make a flannelboard.

You don't need to do anything special to make the felt stick. I normally buy my felt from Hobby Lobby, it's 5/$1. I had a lot of extra felt from different projects that I had done with felt so I decided to cut out a bunch of shapes two different sizes. With our felt shapes:

  • we make different things with the different shapes
  • I ask Cameron to find a shape and he puts it on the board
  • we talk about big and little
  • I will put up different shapes and take one down and see if he can guess the one that I took away
  • I will tell him to put up a certain number of a shape (ex. 3 circles or 2 big circles and 1 little circle)
  • There are lots of fun things you can do with felt shapes! I bet you can think of more(:

Our favorite is to try to make different pictures with our felt shapes! Like I said in my last post, I love our flannelboard!

4 comments:

Brother See, Sisters Do said...

Thanks:)

Shannon said...

I need to use our flannelboards more. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Thanks soo much for posting this!!!

Karen said...

Funny flannelboard with that exact same flannel! I figured it looked like clouds or something. :) I have some directions and activities on my blog at www.fun-activities-for-kids.com under Felt Board Fun. I use packing tape to stick mine on the back and you can kind of "miter" the corner where there's extra fabric. Also I use the felt board figures from Story Time Felts (I sell them too LOL!) and they are great. Come with lessons and activities! Have fun!